How Actionplas Can Help You Implement 5S Methodology02 September 2016
5S is a workplace organisation technique to ensure maximum efficiency and safety in the work environment.
It focusses on organising and storing tools and equipment, identifying extraneous equipment and continuing a state of order in the workplace.
The 5S’s each stand for a key process:
- Sort: Divide items in the workplace into 3 categories; retain, return and rid
- Set in Order: Find a place for everything and put everything in its place. Organising, arranging and storing equipment, materials and information
- Shine: Cleaning the workplace and maintaining its appearance daily. Establish and implement preventative measures to reduce ongoing cleaning
- Standardise: Maintain and make standard “Sort”, “Set in Order” and “Shine” so that they become habitual in your workplace and part of the regular work routine
- Sustain: Ongoing application of knowledge, skills and abilities gained from the 5S Process in order to enact organisation wide effectiveness
With our dual colour HDP (High Density Polyethylene) material, we offer customers an innovative workholding solution to support the lean manufacturing processes such as 5S, Kaizen or JIT integration.
Actionplas Shadow Boards are manufactured using our range of dual colours and will help you to organise and maintain your work areas by storing parts or tools on Produce Build Boards that guarantee that a range of parts required to assemble end components are all at hand in their correct place.
- Tool Shadow Boards
- Hygiene Boards
- Change Parts Shadow Boards
- Signage and Display
The high visual effect of this material presents a quality product to customers and employees, encouraging satisfaction and pride in the workplace.
All of our products are:
- Low Maintenance
- 100% Recyclable
- Food Safe
- Ideal for Indoor/Outdoor Use
Our representatives are available throughout the UK to work with you and produce high quality 3D boards that can include unique company logos.